Our nursing staff is composed of RNs, LPNs, and CNAs who provide specialized care for each child at Exceptional Care for Children. This talented and committed team is dedicated to providing medical care while preserving and supporting a safe and home-like environment.
- Long Term Care for children with chronic health care needs who can call ECC their home until the age of 21.
- Transitional Care for children who are in between hospital and home. We offer comprehensive training to family members to prepare them for a safe transition home.
- Palliative/End of Life Care for children who are diagnosed with a terminal illness. Extensive services are available to families to ease this difficult transition.
- Respite Care to allow caregivers a much-needed break.
Weekly on-site rounds held with board-certified Nemours pediatricians who specialize in the care of children with complex medical needs. Residents are seen quarterly for full physicals and weekly as needed for sick visits. Both primary and specialty
care is provided, limiting the need for frequent outpatient visits. Physicians also help coordinate care with the child’s established medical team and subspecialists to provide continuity of care, and are available 24/7 for consultation.
CLINICAL SERVICES & TREATMENTS:
• Primary Nursing
• Central Lines
• Dietary Consultation
• EKG & X-Rays
• IV Therapy
• Lab Work
• Pain Management
• Transportation to Specialty Appointments