To support the next generation of healthcare professionals who are making a difference in the lives of the residents of ECC, our Volunteer Scholarship Award recognizes graduating high school seniors and college students by awarding (1) scholarship in the range of $250-$500 each Spring.
How Do I Qualify For This Scholarship?
Exceptional Care for Children’s Volunteer Scholarship is only eligible for current active volunteers of ECC. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must fit the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- High school senior who has been accepted into a full-time program at a college/university OR
- Must hold minimum 3.25 Grade Point Average
- Full-time college/university student
- Must hold minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average
- Current active volunteer of ECC who has been volunteering for a minimum of (1) year and who has served a MINIMUM of 100 hours as a volunteer of ECC during their lifetime.
Does It Matter What I'm Majoring In?
Yes! Exceptional Care for Children has been an innovative pediatric healthcare provider since 2006. In order to recognize and support the next generation of innovative healthcare professionals, clinical and therapists, you must be majoring in any of the following education programs to qualify for this scholarship:
- Child Life
- Healthcare Administration
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreation Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech Language Pathology
What Is The Application Process Like?
In order to be considered for a Volunteer Scholarship from Exceptional Care for Children, you must complete the application and attach the following documents:
- Academic Transcript
- College/university acceptance letter, if a high school senior
- Resume, that includes: activities, academic awards, honors and achievements, jobs held etc.
- (1) Personal Letter of Recommendation
- (1) Educational Letter of Recommendation
- 500-word maximum essay which answers how volunteering at Exceptional Care for Children has affected you or your future career choice.
What Is The Award Range Of Scholarships?
Each year (1) Volunteer Scholarship will be awarded in the range of $250-$500.
When Is The Scholarship Application Due?
Volunteer Scholarship applications are due no later than 5:00PM on April 1st, 2020.
How Do I Submit My Scholarship?
Completed applications can be either mailed to the address below or hand-delivered to Emily Holcombe.
Exceptional Care for Children, Attn: Emily Holcombe, 11 Independence Way, Newark, DE 19713
What If I Have More Questions?
Don’t hesitate to contact Emily Holcombe with any other questions related to ECC’s Volunteer Scholarship.