The holidays at ECC are only possible thanks to countless community groups and individuals who serve as ECC “Holiday Helpers”. These Holiday Helpers make the season merry and bright for our residents by donating new clothing, new toys and also by sponsoring individual resident Wish Lists.
- By donating online, you can take the guesswork out of shopping by allowing our team to immediately purchase much need (and wished for!) holiday items for our residents.
- Since storage space for gifts is limited, you can help the children of ECC by donation gift cards, instead of toys.
- Gift cards allow us to maximize your gift as they give our staff the flexibility to personalize each birthday and holiday by purchasing items directly off our resident’s personal “Wish Lists”.
Interested in supporting one of our 2020 Holiday Wish Lists? Please contact Emily Holcombe at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Our full, updated Wish List of needs can be viewed HERE
Let us take the guesswork out of shopping and support the children of ECC by donating items from our directly from our AMAZON WISH LISTS
Due to COVID-19, we are currently restricting all gently-used clothing and toy donations.
To support the health and well-being of the children who reside at ECC, please keep the following guidelines in mind when purchasing or donating items:
- All donated items (toys or clothing) must be NEW (store-bought and in original packaging with tags).
- Due to infection control guidelines, especially in 2020 with COVID-19, we cannot accept used or “previously loved” items, clothing or toys.
- Since our team has to sort and distribute all donated items appropriately, and fairly, please DO NOT wrap your donation. Please note that due to patient privacy, donors are not allowed to personally deliver gifts to the residents of Exceptional Care for Children.
Due to COVID-19, please contact Exceptional Care for Children at (302) 894-1001 to schedule a donation drop-off at ECC. Exceptional Care for Children is located at 11 Independence Way, Newark, DE, 19713.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate weekend donation drop-offs.
Our 2020 Holiday donation deadline will be Friday, December 18th, 2020. All holiday donations drop-offs must be scheduled in advance prior to donating. If you are unable to make your donation by December 18th, we will begin accepting donations again on January 4th, 2021.
To ensure proper follow-up and acknowledgement of your donation, please complete an In-Kind Donation Form when you deliver your donation.
For the safety of our children and for infection control reasons, we cannot accept the following types of items:
- Used Toys
- Used Clothing
- Fabric Toys, Including Stuffed Animals
- Food / Candy for Residents
- Handmade Items or Toys
- Collector’s Items
Special visitors, entertainers and special occasion donors who wish to visit with our children will be screened by ECC’s team to ensure the visits and/or entertainment are appropriate and safe.
We cannot accept every offer that we receive but please know that we try our best to accommodate all requests and appreciate you thinking of our children here at ECC. Please note, we can only accommodate visitors, entertainment and special occasion donor visits when a member of ECC’s team is available.
We consider the following types of events and visits:
- Appropriate for our resident’s age ranges (Infant to 21-years-old)
- Religiously and political neutral
- Appropriate for our available spaces
- Entertaining, educational and therapeutic