Exceptional Care for Children (ECC) is excited to announce that it is the 2018 recipient of (AHCA)’s Non Profit Program of the Year for its Magical Journey to Disney World. Each year, AHCA recognizes the men and women who selflessly care for individuals in long term and post-acute care centers, and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (ID/DD) residences. Honorees demonstrate selflessness, compassion, and strive to enhance the lives of seniors and individuals with disabilities in their communities.
Exceptional Care for Children’s Administrator, Annette Moore shares her excitement on receiving the award: “It is an honor to be awarded the Non Profit Program of the Year by the American Health Care Association. ECC receives this award because of the passion and dedication to those that we serve, specifically highlighting our three magical journey’s to Walt Disney World in 2011, 2013 and 2015. These journeys are some of the best examples of adding value to the lives of the children that we are entrusted to care for at ECC. Many people that I have encountered over my 25 years in the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) industry continue to marvel at how this healthcare team tends to make things look effortless all while providing the highest quality of care and service. A true award-winning facility!”
The 2018 AHCA Awards recipients are:
• Hero of the Year- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Laura Horan, Mission at West Jordan Care Center, West Jordan, Utah • Not for Profit Program of the Year: Exceptional Care for Children Magical Journey, Exceptional Care for Children, Newark, Del.
• Not for Profit Trustee Award: Steven B. Craig, Chaparral House, Berkeley, Calif.
• Adult Volunteer of the Year: Joe Howard, Harlan Health and Rehabilitation Center, Harlan, Ky.
• Group Volunteer of the Year: Tieszen Memorial Home Auxiliary, Tieszen Memorial Home, Marion, S.D.
• Young Adult Volunteer of the Year: Elizabeth Eubank, Diversicare of Amory, Amory, Miss.
The Not for Profit Program of the Year award highlights a specific program that adds value to the care of individuals within a community. Award recipients will be honored at the AHCA/NCAL 69th Annual Convention in San Diego on October 10, 2018